After successfully completing the first internship programme at ISJ in 2005, we are pleased to announce the details for the programme of 2007.
In 2005 we had selected three interns as listed below:
- Pr. Dr. Han van der Veen, Institut Univeristaire Europenne
- Mr. Ardin Djalali, Council of Europe
- Ms. Hedieh Kianyfar, North Eastern University of Cyprus.
Purpose of the internship programme
1. Internships for university professors, young scholars, and post-graduate students are available at the Office of International Studies Journal (ISJ) in Tehran. These internships are intended to:
a) Increase the intern's function on publishing an article and to be familiar with the publication of a quarterly at the international level by giving them an opportunity to work in an academic atmosphere; and
b) Provide ISJ with the assistance and contribution of outstanding young professors and post graduate students.
2. The relationship between ISJ and the interns is one of mutual benefit. Interns are assigned to practical and theoretical work. They are involved in: researching international issues (especially on human rights), providing and assisting the process of producing a quarterly (ISJ), assisting the editor-in-chief, making the connection between ISJ and other quarterlies, universities, and research centers. Assisting in the activities of ISJ seminar and workshops include information activities and the registration process of candidates to the workshop.
3. The names of interns will be published in ISJ for 2 issues as “ISJ interns”.
4. Interns will be selected among university professors, post-graduate students or holders of a PhD in International Human Rights Law, International Law, International Relations, Political Science, History, and Social Sciences. Preference will be given to those, within these disciplines, who have specialized in human rights issues. Applicants must be sponsored by an academic institution and must have a good command of English and be familiar with French. The people also familiar with Persian are preferred. Drafting ability in either English or French is required.
Internship dates and duration
Interns will be selected 15 June and be required to work for a minimum period of three weeks from July 7 to 31.
Conditions of service
5. According to the Islamic Republic of Iran legislation, interns must respect Iranian criteria for foreign people. Interns are not paid and they will work as volunteers in ISJ office by conducting research and practical work.
6. Interns are assigned to work with the editor-in-chief who is responsible for providing them with a description of their duties and a work plan.
7. ISJ internships are not remunerated and interns are not considered officials or staff members of ISJ. Travel costs and living expenses must be borne by the interns themselves or by a sponsoring institution.
8. Interns must pay 150 Euro as prices for all issues of ISJ, books and other documents which are provided by ISJ for interns.
9. ISJ accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship. Interns must have their own health insurance. In case of illness or other circumstances that might prevent the completion of the internship, interns will inform editor-in-chief of ISJ.
10. There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship.
11. Regarding the problem of visa for our selected Americans interns in last year , ISJ can not make any promises for the obtaining of visas by US citizens but will try to facilitate it.
12. Interns are expected to work full-time and to carry out the duties assigned to them.
Procedure for applying
13. Applicants should submit the following documentation:
Letter of application;
CV + photo
2 recommendation letters by their university or sponsoring institution.
14. Closing dates for applications are 8 June.
Address for applications
Nema Milaninia , firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
ISJ office, Apt 12 , No 337, Dolat st., CP 19446, Tehran , Iran .
For further information, please feel free to contact the following:
Pr. Dr. Mehdi Zakerian, (editor- in- chief) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nema Milaninia, (Executive Director) Email:email@example.com
International Studies Journal (ISJ) "Iranian Democrtic View of International Affairs"
Address: ISJ, Aprt. 12, No. 337, Shaheed Kolahdooz St.,
CP 1944685455, Tehran, Iran.
Tel: (+98-21) 22594417
Fax: (+98-21) 22594417
Trackback address for this post:
Comments, Trackbacks, Pingbacks:
No Comments/Trackbacks/Pingbacks for this post yet...
This post has 134 feedbacks awaiting moderation...