Extraordinary Professorship in European Studies - University of Tartu
EuroCollege, University of Tartu invites applications for an
EXTRAORDINARY PROFESSORSHIP IN EUROPEAN STUDIES
for the period of September 1, 2007 until June 30, 2008.
The academic responsibilities of this extraordinary professorship will be the
implementation of the ESF co-financed project "Improving the academic education and
training of high level experts in European Union Affairs in Estonia".
The successful candidate will be in charge of:
- Developing an integrated research in European Studies aiming at enhancing the academic quality of the existing curricula;
- Preparing and implementing a long-term curricula development strategy;
- Teaching in chosen fields of interest, preferably in European Union Studies;
- Developing contacts with the international network of European Union studies;
- Designing and leading EU research seminars.
Candidates shall prove:
- PhD (preferably related to EU Studies)
- Experience in curricula development
- Strong research record in European Union Studies
- Relevant teaching experience at graduate level
- Very good cooperation and communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language
EuroCollege offers a unique opportunity for working in a dynamic and challenging academic environment in one of the most successful EU new member state with a competitive salary in the region (around 4000 EUR per month after taxes).
Candidates are asked to submit the following documents to the Personnel Department of the University of Tartu (postal address: 4, Jakobi St, Tartu 51014) by June 15, 2007:
- a letter of application to the Rector (in English)
- a curriculum vitae - http://www.ut.ee/80023 - in the required format (in English)
- a list of research publications - http://www.ut.ee/80025 - in the format required by UT (if necessary enclosing copies or off-prints important publications)
- a letter of recommendation
- a copy of the document certifying the candidate's educational qualifications and academic degree
- Further materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of these materials is to be included in the application or annexed to it).
Additional information is available from the project manager, the Vice Director of the EuroCollege, University of Tartu, Ms. Katrin Olenko
No Comments/Pingbacks for this post yet...
This post has 9 feedbacks awaiting moderation...